Stroke, also known as cardiovascular accident, is a result of the rupture of blood vessels in the brain. It can also be a result of a blockage that impedes the blood flow to the brain tissues, resulting to decreased oxygen and nutrient supply necessary for normal brain function.
Not until the person experiences an altered state of consciousness, such as coma, he is not able to tell that he possibly has a stroke. The signs and symptoms of stroke range from mild to severe. Sleepiness, dizziness and loss of balance are just some of the signs and symptoms a person with stroke can experience. There might even be a decreased cognitive function, such as memory deficits, speech difficulties, etc.
The use of CBD rich hemp oil can help alleviate the symptoms of stroke, whether it is a transient ischemic attack, or hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke. Transient ischemic stroke or TIA is a temporary decrease in the blood supply of the brain. This may occur in people who have diabetes or hypertension. The brain cells recover after the temporary decrease in blood supply.
Brain cell death occurs either in ischemic or in hemorrhagic stroke, since there is a prolonged lack or insufficient blood supply to the brain. Ischemic stroke, caused by a blood clot that blocks a blood vessel in the brain, can be a complication of a disease or condition where there is a thickening of the blood or an increase in blood cholesterol level. The fats, specifically the low density lipoproteins or bad cholesterol, pass through the blood vessels. This causes injury to the vessel, as the leukocytes or white blood cells attack the site where the LDLs are concentrated. The platelets try to repair the damaged vessel, but their accumulation just narrows the passage.
Cannabidiol CBD-rich hemp oil has neuroprotective properties
CBD-rich hemp oil has neuroprotective properties, meaning it can help prevent brain cell death. Also, it has anti-inflammatory properties that prevent autoimmune-like attacks to the brain tissues and its blood vessels. It has antioxidant compounds, as well, which help clear the blood and the blood vessels of dead cells and toxins. It lowers the blood cholesterol, too, by increasing the high-density lipoproteins or the good cholesterol, and omega-3 fatty acids.
I care about what I put into my body. That’s why I only trust CBD from American grown hemp. Buy American. It’s good for you.
Before the stroke becomes severe, or the blood vessels in the brain rupture, the thrombus or the blood clot needs to be removed. Its removal will relieve the pressure that has built up on the affected blood vessel. Thus, the pain will also be relieved. The CBD, cannabidiol, does not only help in pain management, but also in the protection of body tissues.
Cannabidiol Research: Stroke
- Cannabidiol, a nonpsychoactive Cannabis constituent, protects against myocardial ischemic reperfusion injury
- Cannabidiol prevents infarction via the non-CB1 cannabinoid receptor mechanism
- Cannabidiol prevents cerebral infarction via a serotonergic 5-hydroxytryptamine1A receptor-dependent mechanism
- Cannabidiol administration after hypoxia-ischemia to newborn rats reduces long-term brain injury and restores neurobehavioral function
- Protective Effects of Cannabidiol Against Hippocampal Cell Death and Cognitive Impairment Induced by Bilateral Common Carotid Artery Occlusion in Mice
- Repeated treatment with cannabidiol but not Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol has a neuroprotective effect without the development of tolerance
Buy American CBD