Cannabinoids are effective in inhibiting the spread of tumorigenic cell lines on the skin. That is why they are ideal treatment for many skin inflammations such as psoriasis. Cannabidiols enhance the functions of the endocannabinoid system to prevent the proliferation of keratinocyte.
The potent Cannabidiol and the endocannabinoids have antibacterial properties which make them helpful in treating all kinds of infections caused by bacteria. They also have anti-fungal properties which make them equally effective in treating all kinds of fungal infections.
Recently, the use of marijuana in the medical field has been becoming increasingly legal. Varying ways are now available unto how one can intake this plant. Marijuana contains plant cannabinoids that are readily absorbed by the skin due to its fat soluble characteristic.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of these fat soluble components of marijuana, also known as cannabis. These group of active chemical compounds found in the said plant acts on some receptors in cells of both humans and animals. These compounds can repress the neurotransmitter release in the brain. Receptors are naturally produced in the body of both humans and animals. These are abundantly present in the largest part of the body which is the skin. This can only imply that there is a huge probability that it can treat a large scale of different skin diseases such as dermatitis, psoriasis and dry skin. Another is that, it can possibly also treat skin cancers.
CBD and Skin Conditions
These receptors found in the brain and throughout the peripheral and central nervous system belong to a network with the same functions. This system is involved in various physiological processes of the body which includes memory, mood, pain-sensation and appetite. It also controls the psychoactive effects of cannabis.
I care about what I put into my body. That’s why I only trust CBD from American grown hemp. Buy American. It’s good for you.
In the year 2007, a study was made to assure whether this compound could truly engage with a specific group of receptors in the brain. Receptors that affect the skin and can possibly have benefits to skin conditions such as psoriasis. The result was that, they hinder the proliferation of keratinocyte, a major cell in the skin accounting to about 90% of the skins’ composition. Hence, this supports the study of having this cannabis component as a treatment for psoriasis.
Another study was conducted last 2013 concentrating on the possibility on the same receptors system on how this might play a role in combating cutaneous melanoma, the main cursor of skin cancer. The findings were that, this system once more activated, induces the body’s natural killing process of the cells which they assume to be toxic or abnormal. It includes the abnormal cells that cause skin cancer. Therefore, this system does aid in the treatment of skin cancers.
Cannabidiol creams are now available in online markets. It is good news for people who are suffering from different skin conditions that do not seem to be relieved from such applications of other topical ointments. Not only that studies are conducted and made proven that this salve can help in variety of skin conditions such as psoriasis, dermatitis and skin cancer, increasing number of people have claimed that it can also get rid of fungal infections and rashes. Some also stated that it can positively alleviate the amount of dry skin.
Cannabidiol Research: Skin Conditions
- Cannabinoids inhibit human keratinocyte proliferation through a non-CB1/CB2 mechanism and have a potential therapeutic value in the treatment of psoriasis
- CBD exerts sebostatic and antiinflammatory effects on human sebocytes
- The endocannabinoid system of the skin in health and disease
- Epigenetic control of skin differentiation genes by phytocannabinoids
- A novel control of human keratin expression: cannabinoid receptor 1-mediated signaling down-regulates the expression of keratins K6 and K16 in human keratinocytes in vitro and in situ
- Endocannabinoids modulate human epidermal keratinocyte proliferation and survival via the sequential engagement of cannabinoid receptor-1 and transient receptor potential vanilloid-1
- Cannabinoid 1 receptors in keratinocytes modulate proinflammatory chemokine secretion and attenuate contact allergic inflammation
- Attenuation of allergic contact dermatitis through the endocannabinoid system
- Topical cannabinoid agonists. An effective new possibility for treating chronic pruritus
Buy American CBD