Schizophrenia is a chronic, debilitating mental disorder that has afflicted many people throughout the years and is continuing to do so in with an estimated 51 million sufferers worldwide. Symptoms involve psychosis, delusions, and catatonia which can hinder an individual from properly functioning, rendering them dependent on others.
Cannabis has been used as a means of medication since 2800 BC due to its hallucinogenic and pain-relieving properties. Despite the criticism it has been receiving due to its psychoactive effects, it has nonetheless been garnering praise recently in the medical community for its health benefits. Cannabidiol or CBD is a cannabis constituent that doesn’t give its users a “high”. It is less psychoactive compared to THC and has the ability to relieve patients suffering from inflammation, pain, anxiety, psychosis (which is present in schizophrenics), seizures, and spasms without giving them the tired and paranoid feeling most often felt by those who take cannabis with THC dominant strains.
CBD-rich hemp oil is extracted from hemp plants with high grade cannabidiol or CBD. It is abundant in phytonutrients, containing about 400. It also contains terpenoids, essential oils, antioxidants, and cannabinoids which are not only found in hemp but in the human body as well. CBD is one of the 80 phytocannabinoids that naturally occur in plants. Phytocannabinoids come from the resin which contains the terpenes responsible for cannabis’ distinct smell. CBD is non-intoxicating unlike THC, which makes the former all the more beneficial for people suffering from schizophrenia as they need anti-psychosis for their episodes to be subdued. The product is also easy to purchase as doing so does not require a medical license.
I care about what I put into my body. That’s why I only trust CBD from American grown hemp. Buy American. It’s good for you.
Living things have an endocannabinod system which is responsible for ensuring that the body functions are in check (These functions include sleep, appetite, and cognitive function.). The endocannabinoid system has two receptors—CB1 and CB2—found in the brain and the immune system, both of which can only be activated by phytocannabinoid CBD contained in CBD-rich hemp oil. Activation of these receptors can help the schizophrenic patient in fighting off psychosis by ensuring the normal fuction of the cognitive system.
Cannabidiol shows great promise in treating schizophrenia. In fact, its medicinal properties being able to treat a wide range of conditions and its minimal side effects and intoxicating effect garner praise and steady recognition not only from health care experts, but from a growing number of private individuals as well.
Cannabidiol Research: Schizophrenia
- Cannabis Drug Shows Promise in Treating Schizophrenia
- CBD as an antipsychotic drug
- Cannabidiol as a potential treatment for psychosis
- CBD enhances anandamide signaling and alleviates psychotic symptoms of schizophrenia
- Medical use of cannabis. CBD: A new light for schizophrenia?
- A critical review of the antipsychotic effects of CBD: 30 years of a translational investigation
- Peripheral endocannabinoid system dysregulation in first-episode psychosis
- Cannabinoids and schizophrenia
- Antipsychotic-like effects of cannabidiol and rimonabant
- CBD monotherapy for treatment-resistant schizophrenia
- Cannabis with high CBD content is associated with fewer psychotic experiences
- Marijuana compound treats schizophrenia with few side effects: Clinical trial
- Clearing the smoke: what do we know about adolescent cannabis use and schizophrenia?
CBD Oil Reviews
Check out these CBD Oil Reviews, to see the top CBD brands, independent lab results, ingredients, prices and even a picture of the CBD oil inside.