What is neurodegeneration and what does it have to do with cannabinoids? Neurodegeneration is an umbrella term that is used to refer to the conditions that affect the neurons in the brain.
Neurons are considered as the building blocks of the nervous system. These do not have the capacity to reproduce. Your system won’t be able to naturally replace the neurons when these get impaired. Some samples of neurodegenerative diseases include Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s, and Parkinson’s disease. These diseases weaken the patient and these remain incurable.
Treating Neurodegeneration With Cannabidiol CBD
Through continued research, many people are now eyeing cannabidiol to give hope to those who are suffering from neurodegenerative conditions.
I care about what I put into my body. That’s why I only trust CBD from American grown hemp. Buy American. It’s good for you.
Marijuana, which is the source of cannabidiol, contains another chemical compound known as THC. THC is the reason why the plant is considered illegal in many countries. The component is the reason why marijuana users get high. These are only two among the 60 compounds that the plant contains. These are also the most common — hence the interest and attention that these two have been getting.
Since studies and research have found out about the medicinal importance of cannabidiol, marijuana growers are being taught about the breeding techniques to use when they plant. The techniques are geared toward producing plants with higher levels of CBD and safe levels of THC.
Extensive research is now being conducted on the modulation of the endocannabinod system and how it can affect and change the landscape of treating neurodegeneration.
Here are some proof of the studies and research about the effects of cannabinoids in treating brain-related disorders:
- Cannabis has neuroprotective effects, which can help in clearing damaged cells and molecules in a person’s brain.
- The function of the endocannabinoid system decreases as a person becomes older. This can lead to a cognitive problem that is age-related. The use of the product can help in slowing down the process of aging of your brain.
- Products that contain this ingredient have anti-inflammatory agents that can also protect the brain against cognitive damage.
Many people hope that these studies about cannabinoids can bring about medical breakthroughs that can help those who are fighting or have loved ones who are suffering from neurodegeneration. This is a potential source of therapeutic medicine that can cure or, at least, alleviate the symptoms of the diseases. For now, more research and clinical tests are being done on how to create medicines from the plant, how to use it, and how to modulate the endocannabinoid system in dealing with related-health conditions.
Cannabidiol Research: Neurodegeneration
- Molecular Targets of Cannabidiol in Neurological Disorders
- CBD: A promising drug for neurodegenerative disorders?
- CBD for neurodegenerative disorders: Important new clinical applications for this phytocannabinoid?
- Transdermal delivery of cannabidiol attenuates binge alcohol-induced neurodegeneration in a rodent model of an alcohol use disorder
- Memory-rescuing effects of cannabidiol in an animal model of cognitive impairment relevant to neurodegenerative disorders
- CBD normalizes caspase 3, synaptophysin, and mitochondrial fission protein DNM1L expression levels in rats with brain iron overload: implications for neuroprotection
Buy American CBD