Life isn’t easy for people with multiple sclerosis (MS). The symptoms can occur every day and it can go as far as a patient experiencing numbness on their extremities or difficulty hearing or even loss of vision. If you are one of them, you might be having bouts with muscle spasms and having difficulty moving your arms and legs freely. Can marijuana cannabinoids help your condition?
Using CBD-Rich Hemp Oil to Treat Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Research is still too early to suggest that you and people with the same problem can be healed by cannabinoids from marijuana, but you can always inquire with your doctor if marijuana can be combined to your current treatments or you can just temporarily suspend the current to give way to a trial with only marijuana as treatment.
I care about what I put into my body. That’s why I only trust CBD from American grown hemp. Buy American. It’s good for you.
What Can Cannabidiol Do?
Since research on marijuana is only in its early stages, researchers are careful not to mislead people by making any conclusive report. More and more evidence are still being gathered. But while people are waiting, it is best to consider the symptoms that can be relieved for multiple sclerosis sufferers and if any of these symptoms is happening to you, it is better to take your chances. As of now, there are no major health risks that have been identified for the use of marijuana, so if you use it, you are safe. Here are the symptoms.
- Uncontrollable muscle movements – This is when you experience spasms. Marijuana can help lessen the frequency of them happening. It is probably related to the ability of marijuana substances to influence the endocannabinoid system of the body. This system is the one that regulates response to stimulus, moods and response to food.
- Overactive bladder – If you are peeing a lot, it might be due to highly active bladder muscles. Many marijuana users have reported improvement in this aspect and have been experiencing better sleep.
- Nerve pain – Most MS patients complain about experiencing tingling sensations with some describing them as burning sensations. What they are experiencing is something to do with their nerves and for some, this can really bring huge amounts of pain. Marijuana has anti-inflammatory properties that can deal with this problem.
Can You Get Addicted?
Many who use marijuana products like those containing cannabidiol don’t have struggles with addiction. It is therefore important for those who plan to use these products to work closely with their doctors. Researchers are in the process of determining the right dosage for patients so they wouldn’t end up addicted to marijuana substances.
Cannabidiol Research: Multiple Sclerosis
- Sativex for the management of multiple sclerosis symptoms
- THC & CBD oromucosal spray (Sativex®) in the management of spasticity associated with multiple sclerosis
- Clinical efficacy and effectiveness of Sativex, a combined cannabinoid medicine, in multiple sclerosis-related spasticity
- CBD provides long-lasting protection against the deleterious effects of inflammation in a viral model of multiple sclerosis: A role for A2A receptors
- Oromucosal delta9-THC/CBD for neuropathic pain associated with multiple sclerosis
- Nabiximols in the treatment of spasticity, pain and urinary symptoms due to multiple sclerosis
- Sativex long-term use: An open-label trial in patients with spasticity due to multiple sclerosis
- A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of Sativex, in subjects with symptoms of spasticity due to multiple sclerosis
- Meta-analysis of cannabis based treatments for neuropathic and multiple sclerosis-related pain
- Sativex: Clinical efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of symptoms of multiple sclerosis and neuropathic pain
Buy American CBD