CBD Rich Hemp oil is considered a medical wonder nowadays. It can treat a number of serious diseases like epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, and even cancer. Recent studies show that the cannabinoids contained in CBD can also help cure colitis and Crohn’s disease.
Causes and Symptoms of Colitis
Colitis is basically an inflammation of the colon lining. It is caused by allergic reactions, ischemic colitis, and inflammatory bowel disease. It has a number of symptoms including abdominal pain, fever, chills, diarrhea, fatigue, canker sores, joint swelling, bleeding from the rectum, and skin inflammation. Today, more than a million Americans are affected by colitis.
Causes and Symptoms of Crohn’s Disease
Crohn’s disease is different from colitis but it has almost the same symptoms. It is characterized by the inflammation of the digestive tract. It is primarily caused by heredity, smoking, and environmental factors. It has a number of colitis-like symptoms such as fever, diarrhea, belly pain, cramps, and fatigue. People suffering from Crohn’s disease also experience weight loss, constipation, swollen gums, mouth ulcers, joint pain, skin ulcers, and swelling of the eyes. According to studies, around 1.4 million Americans are affected by Crohn’s disease.
I care about what I put into my body. That’s why I only trust CBD from American grown hemp. Buy American. It’s good for you.
Colitis and Crohn’s disease often go hand in hand. Patients who suffer from these diseases are advised to change their diet. Surgery is also necessary in some cases.
However, a study conducted on colitis and Crohn’s patients showed that CBD may be effective in improving the symptoms of this disease. The patients who use CBD have experienced fewer colitis and Crohn’s symptoms such as diarrhea, weight loss, fever, and abdominal pain. Cannabidoil or CBD rich hemp oil has strong anti-inflammatory properties that ease the inflammation in the digestive tract and colon.
The gastrointestinal tract wall has all the components of the endocannabinoid system. This is the reason why CBD plays an important regulatory role in the progression of colitis and Crohn’s disease. The CB2 receptor found in cannabinoids plays a key role in easing the effects of Crohn’s and colitis.
Tetrahydrocannabidoil or THC contained in cannabis has a protective effect. It promotes wound closure in the digestive tract and the colon. The cannabinoid receptors in the brain also reduce the feelings of pain experienced by colitis and Crohn’s sufferers.
CBD is beneficial to colitis and Crohn’s patients in three ways:
- It eases the symptoms.
- It keeps the disease from progressing.
- It reduces the inflammation in the colon and digestive tract.
It is no doubt that CBD rich hemp oil is an effective treatment for both colitis and Crohn’s disease.
But don’t take our word for it…
Cannabidiol Research: Colitis and Crohn’s Disease
- CBD in inflammatory bowel diseases: a brief overview
- Cannabis finds its way into treatment of Crohn’s disease
- CBD reduces intestinal inflammation through the control of neuroimmune axis
- Cannabidiol, a safe and non-psychotropic ingredient of the marijuana plant Cannabis sativa, is protective in a murine model of colitis
- The effects of Delta-tetrahydrocannabinol and CBD alone and in combination on damage, inflammation and in vitro motility disturbances in rat colitis
- Topical and systemic cannabidiol improves trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid colitis in mice
- Cannabinoids and the gut: New developments and emerging concepts
- Endocannabinoids and the gastrointestinal tract
- Cannabinoids and gastrointestinal motility: Animal and human studies
- Hergenrather presents study of Crohn’s patients as a template for clinical research on Cannabis