Aside from cannabinoids, terpenes are also present in Cannabis. Terpenes are the chemicals found in a plant which gives it its aroma and flavor. They have their own pharmacological importance and work together with cannabinoids to create the “entourage effect”, the interaction and synergy of different compounds which increases its medical benefits.
Scientific and clinical research sponsored by the US Government has shown that CBD has demonstrable medical benefits and may be therapeutic for many conditions. Some of its possible effects include anti-inflammatory activity, blocking cell growth, and preventing the growth of blood vessels that supply tumors.
Cannabidiol – which exhibit anticarcinogenic effects – is non-psychoactive, making it an appealing option for potential use in cancer therapy since it is not limited by the psychoactive effects of cannabinoids such as delta-9-THC.
I care about what I put into my body. That’s why I only trust CBD from American grown hemp. Buy American. It’s good for you.
Various scientific and clinical researches show that Cannabidiol has profound effects in different forms of cancer including:
- Colon cancer – Cannabidiol protected DNA from oxidative damage and reduced cell proliferation in colorectal carcinoma cell lines. It exerts chemopreventive effects though multiple mechanisms.
- Prostate cancer – Comprehensive evidence shows that Cannabidiol is a potent inhibitor of prostate carcinoma. Recent evidence suggests that Cannabidiol inhibits angiogenesis and various pathways implicated in growth and progression of various malignancies.
- Results from a recent study show that CBD induced apoptosis in leukemia cells. Cannabidiol treatment resulted in a significant decrease in tumor burden and an increase in apoptotic tumors.
- Breast cancer – CBD can significantly Id-1 expression in metastatic breast cancer cells. This leads to the down-regulation of tumor aggressiveness.
- Lung cancer – CBD treatment causes the significant inhibition of A549 cell invasion and aids in the down-regulation of the plasminogen activator inhibitor, another important factor involved in the regulation of metastasis.
The collective evidence revealed by various scientific studies and research suggest that Cannabidiol is a potent inhibitor of the growth and spread of cancer.
In addition to its direct effect on cancer cells, cannabinoids also help manage the side effects of cancer and cancer therapies. Some of the effects of CBD are reduced nausea and vomiting, and suppression of seizure activity. CBD also has antipsychotic, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and anti-depressant properties.
Cannabidiol and terpenes, along with its various pharmacological benefits, can be found in hemp oil.
But don’t take our word for it…
[gyt a="Bskc3B5e_SQ" b="SSfVuWbiIvo"]
Cannabidiol Research: Cancer
- CBD as potential anticancer drug
- CBD inhibits angiogenesis by multiple mechanisms
- The inhibitory effects of CBD on systemic malignant tumors
- CBD inhibits cancer cell invasion via upregulation of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases-1
- Cannabidiol enhances the inhibitory effects of delta9-THC on human glioblastoma cell proliferation and survival
- Antitumor effects of CBD, a nonpsychoactive cannabinoid, on human glioma cell lines
- Systematic review of the literature on clinical and experimental trials on the antitumor effects of cannabinoids in gliomas
- CBD inhibits human glioma cell migration through a cannabinoid receptor-independent mechanism
- Id-1 is a key transcriptional regulator of glioblastoma aggressiveness and a novel therapeutic target
- Triggering of the TRPV2 channel by cannabidiol sensitizes glioblastoma cells to cytotoxic chemotherapeutic agents
- CBD inhibits proliferation and invasion in U87-MG and T98G glioma cells through a multitarget effect
- Local delivery of cannabinoid-loaded microparticles inhibits tumor growth in a murine xenograft model of glioblastoma multiforme
CBD Oil Reviews
Check out these CBD Oil Reviews, to see the top CBD brands, independent lab results, ingredients, prices and even a picture of the CBD oil inside.