There is a lot of buzz about cannabis substances such as Cannabidiol treating Alzheimer’s disease. Whether there is sufficient grounds or not for this buzz is not important. What is important right now is to quickly unravel the science behind that idea so the message of hope can be swiftly sent to sufferers of Alzheimer’s disease and their families — if cannabis can really cure (or at least mitigate) the effects of Alzheimer’s disease.
So what have been gained so far from the cannabis side?
CBD Relief Alzheimer’s Disease
Cannabidiol or CBD is one of the many cannabinoids that the marijuana leaf extract has. About 40% of the leaf’s extract is cannabidiol. One study on this particular cannabinoid has concluded that there is not enough evidence proving that it has anti-psychotic effects, but there are also studies pointing to the possibility that it can cause these effects on users.
Studies have also established that cannabidiol has the ability to help patients with latent schizophrenia. So what about patients with Alzheimer’s disease?
I care about what I put into my body. That’s why I only trust CBD from American grown hemp. Buy American. It’s good for you.
Alzheimer’s disease is characterized by general memory loss and the inability to recognize familiar objects, places, and people. It is possible to remedy these symptoms through the use of CBD, according to preliminary results from research. Mice with Alzheimer’s disease that were treated with CBD showed improvements in tests involving recognition of other mice and objects.
Researchers concluded that the treatment improved the performance of tested mice — to the point of levels found in healthy mice — but there’s still a need to check how much it had improved brain performance to push for further research on CBD’s effects on Alzheimer’s disease.
Healing Properties of CBD Cannabidiol
Researchers believe that cannabidiol rich hemp oil has anti-inflammatory properties and those can fight whatever it is that is causing Alzheimer’s, adding that if neuro-inflammation can be decreased, reduction in neurodegenration will follow.
Neurodegeneration is one of the main symptoms of Alzheimer’s. Researchers are also exploring on the neuroprotective and antioxidant properties of cannabidiol rich hemp oil.
Helpful Facts For Further Study
The following facts may be helpful for your research:
- These are marijuana substances found to have the ability to modulate physiologic and pathophysiologic functions of the body. Phyto-cannabinoids are some of these.
- Another helpful point for research is the recently discovered endocannabinoid system (ECS) of the body. This system maintains the body’s balance or homeostasis. Most substances in marijuana are said to be directly benefitting this system.
- Another substance that can be found in the marijuana leaf is terpenes, which are aromatic compounds found in most herbal plants. A handful of researchers believe that combining terpenes with CBD can help treat symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
Cannabidiol Research: Alzheimer’s Disease
- The Potential Therapeutic Effects of THC on Alzheimer’s Disease
- The Role of Endocannabinoid Signaling in the Molecular Mechanisms of Neurodegeneration in Alzheimer’s Disease
- Cannabinoids for the treatment of dementia
- CBD in vivo blunts beta-amyloid induced neuroinflammation by suppressing IL-1beta and iNOS expression
- CBD: A promising drug for neurodegenerative disorders?
- Cannabinoid receptor 1 deficiency in a mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease leads to enhanced cognitive impairment despite of a reduction in amyloid deposition
- Cannabinoids for the Treatment of Agitation and Aggression in Alzheimer’s Disease
- The therapeutic potential of the endocannabinoid system for Alzheimer’s disease
- Endocannabinoid signalling in Alzheimer’s disease
- A molecular link between the active component of marijuana and Alzheimer’s disease pathology
- Neuroprotective effect of CBD… on beta-amyloid-induced toxicity in PC12 cells
- The role of the endocannabinoid system in Alzheimer’s disease
- The role of phytochemicals in the treatment and prevention of dementia
- Cannabinoids for the treatment of dementia
- Cannabidiol Promotes Amyloid Precursor Protein Ubiquitination and Reduction of Beta Amyloid Expression in SHSY5YAPP+ Cells Through PPARγ Involvement
- Cannabinoids for treatment of Alzheimer’s disease: moving toward the clinic
- Can Marijuana Prevent Alzheimer’s?
CBD Oil Reviews
Check out these CBD Oil Reviews, to see the top CBD brands, independent lab results, ingredients, prices and even a picture of the CBD oil inside.