Smokers can benefit a lot from cannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system (ECS) to decrease nicotine addiction. A total of 24 smokers were chosen as the respondents and were asked to take CBD as treatment. For a week, these respondents used an inhaler every time they felt a strong urge to light up a cigarette. Over the course of one week, the number of cigarettes they smoke has been reduced by 40 percent. In contrast, smokers who took the placebo treatment showed no changes in their habits.
Cannabidiol is also found to be effective in reducing morphine and cocaine use. Through the intracranial self-stimulation (ICSS) paradigm, the subjects of the study (rodents) were subjected to stimulated electrodes. Cannabidiol, on the other hand, can interfere with brain reward mechanisms and can block the urge to crave for cocaine and morphine.
CBD Relief Addicion
Aside from craving, relapse is likewise addressed in treating addiction. Cannabis was also found as an effective ingredient in the maintenance treatment of methadone. Through the help of hemp oil, opiate use has dropped significantly in individuals.
I care about what I put into my body. That’s why I only trust CBD from American grown hemp. Buy American. It’s good for you.
Phyto-cannabinoids and terpenes also work together to help in inducing binge alcohol consumption. CBD can also work as an anti-oxidant, which reduces the adverse effects of alcohol. Though cannabis can still get users high, CBD can decrease its effects and is actually effective in combating THC and cannabis withdrawal symptoms.
CBD has also shown to regulate and treat drug-related phases and syndromes, including intoxication, addiction, withdrawal and relapse. The preliminary evidences on the power of CBD over tobacco and alcohol addiction are hoped to generate more positive results as regards the treatment of addictive behaviors. Nevertheless, CBD is a new intervention to substance abuse and chain-smoking.
Research data on the treatment of addiction through CBD may still be limited, but the results are definitely promising. Ultimately CBD will help not only substance abuse patients and chain smokers, but also their families who constantly look for more effective treatments for their loved ones.
Cannabidiol Research: Addiction
- CBD reduces cigarette consumption in tobacco smokers
- CBD inhibits the reward-facilitating effect of morphine
- Cannabidiol, a nonpsychotropic component of cannabis, inhibits cue-induced heroin seeking and normalizes discrete mesolimbic neuronal disturbances
- CBD as an Intervention for Addictive Behaviors
- Differential effect of cannabinol and cannabidiol on THC-induced responses during abstinence in morphine-dependent rats
- Impact of Cannabis Use during Stabilization on Methadone Maintenance Treatment
- Medical cannabis laws and opioid analgesic overdose mortality in the United States, 1999-2010
- Inhibition of monoacylglycerol lipase enzyme reduces nicotine withdrawal
- Dysregulation of cannabinoid CB1 receptor and associated signaling networks in brains of cocaine addicts and cocaine-treated rodents
- Comparison of CBD, antioxidants, and diuretics in reversing binge ethanol-induced neurotoxicity
- Transdermal delivery of CBD attenuates binge alcohol-induced neurodegeneration in a rodent model of an alcohol use disorder
- CBD for the treatment of cannabis withdrawal syndrome
- Cannabis use disorders are comparatively prevalent among nonwhite racial/ethnic groups and adolescents
CBD Oil Reviews
Check out these CBD Oil Reviews, to see the top CBD brands, independent lab results, ingredients, prices and even a picture of the CBD oil inside.